Please join us for free Zoom exercise classes starting January 10th. CJE will be offering 5 different evidence-based exercise classes that have research evidence that participating in them will improve strength, balance, and fitness. All older adults are welcome, regardless of HIV status.
To see the class schedule and register, please click here . Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or call 773-508-1055 to get signed up.
These classes are offered by CJE Senior Life’s Research Institute through two grants provided by the Administration for Community Living.
1. Healthy Moves is a series of 17 strength and balance exercises. This program meets for 1 time per week for 8 weeks. Each class is 30 minutes long. There are two versions of this class: Low Impact & High Impact.
a. Low Impact Healthy Moves has more chair-based and standing exercises and is good for people who want a less intense exercise program or are new to exercise.
b. High Impact Healthy Moves is a more intense version of Healthy Moves and is geared for people who want a more challenging workout or those who have been exercising for a while. This may mean additional repetitions, speed, or weight options.
2. Otago is an evidence-based strength and balance class, appropriate for a variety of fitness levels. It meets 1 time per week for 8 weeks; each class is 30 minutes long. This class is offered specifically for members of the LGBTQ community, or those living with HIV, as well as their friends and allies. This class will also provide health education on topics specific for the community.
3. Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) is an evidence-based strength, balance and fitness program, which meets for 12 weeks (4 sessions per week, 30 minutes each session). Performing exercises that improve strength, balance and fitness are the single most important activity that adults can do to stay active.
4. Bingocize® is a 10-week program (2 sessions per week, 45-60 minutes each). It combines a bingo-like game with exercise and health education. Research shows this program increases fitness, health knowledge, and social engagement.
5. Tai Chi for arthritis meets 2 times per week for 45 minutes. Research shows this program helps with balance, joint pain, walking, and stress relief.
· Low Impact Healthy Moves: Mondays 12:30-1 pm ET
· SAIL: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 1:15-1:45 pm ET
· High impact Healthy Moves: Mondays 4-4:30 pm ET
· Bingocize: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10-11 am ET
· Bingocize: Tuesdays & Thursdays 4-5 pm ET
· Tai Chi: Tuesdays & Thursdays 7-7:45 pm ET
· Bingocize: Wednesdays & Fridays 10-11 am ET
· Low Impact Healthy Moves: Wednesdays 12:30-1 pm ET
· High Impact Healthy Moves: Wednesdays 4-4:30 pm ET
· Low Impact Healthy Moves: Fridays 12:30-1 pm ET
· High Impact Healthy Moves: Fridays 1:15-1:45 pm ET
· Otago: Fridays 4-4:30 pm ET